My Friends

Monday, May 19, 2008

About a year ago, God placed in my heart a strong sense to befriend a particular girl at school. Unlike other girls I knew, she was shy, doubtful of herself and unhappy about being in the school. It really broke my heart that such a beautiful & intelligent girl as herself had so little belief in herself. She was different to the 'typical' girls you would see around our school, & therefore other people had troubles accepting her. The 'talk' that had gone around about her was disappointing to listen to; especially coming from a Christian school. Since then, I have had the opportunity to slowly try to build a relationship with her. There were days I thought that nothing was happening...like I had no purpose of doing it. I swear I thought I looked like an idiot; trying so hard to befriend this girl, who had no interest in being friends. However, through the many 'small' conversations we have had, our relationship has grown; little by little.
Now, a year later, I still have the same prayer in my heart that God would impress upon her the immense value she has in the lives of those around her, & the talents He has blessed her with. If only she could see what I see, let alone what God sees, she would be blown away by the incredible character and abilities she has. Nonetheless, I am ridiculously grateful to God for the opportunity I have had to have this girl in my life.

1 comment:

Jo Chan said...

awesome stuff jo!!!

love,
jo =P