My Friends

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Honesty...


Definition: Honesty is the human quality of communicating and acting truthfully related to truth as a value. This includes listening, and any action in the human repertoire — as well as speaking.

Through school, i have also told myself that if i had a problem with others that wouldn't kill me, to keep it to myself. After all, why bother when its not that 'big a deal', right? There have been so many times over the past 6 or 7 years where something about someone has annoyed me SO badly, but i still kept it inside, which caused a built up of frustration towards the other person, and myself for not saying anything. There would sometimes be such a build up of tension between us that it was noticeable by others. However, just recently, i have learnt from a wise friend that if a relationship is worth fighting for, honesty towards each other is a necessity. It builds up trust, dependence (in a good way), and it creates a sense of acceptance that knows no bounds, because there is nothing to hide. Even though keeping things to myself has been a habit in my life, I am willing to try to be honest to those i love, & I will be looking out for the changes that it will bring in the relationships.

Dearest Grace,
Thank you for teaching me this valuable lesson, & for being so accepting towards me despite my faults. I will try my very best to be open with you even though I may feel vulnerable, because you, my dear, are someone definitely worth fighting for!!!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Dear Jo!!!

its okay la.... I feel so honoured that I am mentioned in your blog.. lol.....

I am happy that I am having an impact on you in a positive way... thank you for your willingness to be open to me too even though it has always been a habit to keep things to yourself....

I've learnt so much from you.. thank you!! you are also someone that I will definitely fight for!! :):):)

love you much,
Gracie